Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TSB classic plus

Sainsburys is a point per litre, not per pound. So 10 points is indeed 5p a litre, or 10p a litre if used during double up offers.

Quote Originally Posted by TetrisX View Post
    Sainsburys is a point per litre, not per pound. So 10 points is indeed 5p a litre, or 10p a litre if used during double up offers.

But it's not 5p off a litre is it? You pay full price then you get 10 points worth varying amounts for future purchases. In fairness Sainsburys' do push the value as 0.5p a point on their website but it's still not exactly a discount.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Feeling sad, am coming to the end of fuel save! The end of 85 pence per litre petrol

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    But it's not 5p off a litre is it? You pay full price then you get 10 points worth varying amounts for future purchases. In fairness Sainsburys' do push the value as 0.5p a point on their website but it's still not exactly a discount.
    Absolutely, not an immediate discount, but unlike Tesco you could go and spend the points the next day. 50 litres would be 50 pts x 10 = 500 points worth 2.50, credited to your account overnight and spendable afterwards.

People see value in different ways I guess. Personally I would keep the points for a double up.

My TSB contactless card arrived yesterday. I drew 10 out of the ATM at Morrison's then spent 15.73 in Morrison's using contactless. Then I spent another 8 odd in Aldi. No problem in either place so so far so good.

As an aside I noticed in Morrison's they had 25 iTunes gift cards for sale at 21.25. May be useful for some on here

so I didn't start using the contactless until half way through September and it was a bit of a struggle to get used to and find places to use it at but despite this and not quite making the 100 target I got 7.77 in interest on
    October 1st

Annoyingly its asked me again for a pin this month so this in effect means I have to spend more than 100 in a month - I suppose in theory I could buy a small thing first just make sure contactless is working and then put through the rest of the shopping but its not exactly time saving doing this.
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

Was in Ikea at the weekend and went to a self service till, the contactless logo was displayed as a payment method. Didn't try it as my purchase was well over the limit, but just a heads up that for smaller purchases you could be good.

re the problem I've been having making contactless payments and the card asking for the pin every 3 or 4 usages.

I've rung them today and it is a know problem.

she said that if I got to the end of the month and it had affected my 100 contactless spend then to give them a call - If my spend was below 100 on the debit card because it was asking for the pin every 3 or 4 uses

she also said that you will get asked for the pin if you spend over 60 in total and/or use the card more than 5 times in any 24 hour period - neither of these applies to me
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

When does the cash back actually appear? Ive not had any yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 0016hm View Post
    When does the cash back actually appear? Ive not had any yet.
    first of the month.

I only had my card a few weeks last month and I did not quite get to spend the full hundred but I got 7.77 which is very acceptable.

This month I am trying harder - mainly Aldi, Morrisons, B and M, Poundland, boots and Wilkinsons
    Last edited by mhoc; 21st October 2015 at 11:57.