Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cottages4u ?

Default cottages4u ?

Bit of a long shot I know, but anyone stayed at any cottages4u properties in Brighton or surrounding area ?

I need to get a suit for a wedding or 2, and the shop I want to buy from is based in Brighton, and as I am in South Devon it would need an overnight stay of at least one night.

Hotels I have looked at are coming up expensive, especially combined with travel costs, so I was thinking a bit outside the box and came up with cottages4u as a possibility.

But would prefer one with recommendations if possible...

I could buy the suit over the phone and have it mailed over, but they are not cheap and would rather go there in person,, one particular cloth I liked from online pic, but the swatch of material I wasn't so keen on ( I know its hard to represent colours/materials etc on an online photo ). So I think trying on in shop is way to go.

Any feedback appreciated , thanks
    Away from the numbers

I didn't realise they did cottages for just one night?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Hi Dom,

I think minimum is 2 nights, was just thinking it may still work out more reasonable than hotel, as its out of season and obviously can use the clubcard discount.

Although saying that, when I did have ( an admittedly quick look ) there wasn't a lot of availability even in Oct/Nov
    Away from the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by highlander33 View Post
    Bit of a long shot I know, but anyone stayed at any cottages4u properties in Brighton or surrounding area ?

I need to get a suit for a wedding or 2, and the shop I want to buy from is based in Brighton, and as I am in South Devon it would need an overnight stay of at least one night.

Hotels I have looked at are coming up expensive, especially combined with travel costs, so I was thinking a bit outside the box and came up with cottages4u as a possibility.

But would prefer one with recommendations if possible...

I could buy the suit over the phone and have it mailed over, but they are not cheap and would rather go there in person,, one particular cloth I liked from online pic, but the swatch of material I wasn't so keen on ( I know its hard to represent colours/materials etc on an online photo ). So I think trying on in shop is way to go.

Any feedback appreciated , thanks
    go via TCB and then go to groupon

Brighton: 1 or 2 Nights For Two With Breakfast at umi Hotel Brighton ?49

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/ga-brighton-hotel-umi

Brighton hotels are really expensive
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

Minimum stay is 3 nights, I just had a quick look and generally the three night breaks are designed to start on a Friday according to the website, found a cottage in Brighton itself which was ?337 for the weekend, minus the ?100 tesco discount, so ?237 cash to pay. I'd be surprised if you can't pick up a hotel for one night cheaper? Maybe try hotels.com, cash back through TCB and reward nights - one night free once you've stayed 10 nights?

I'd recommend cottages4you we've stayed in different cottages 4 times now, but none in Brighton area so can't recommend a specific one there. Good luck with your search

6. Default

We found some cottages offering variable stays through Trip Advisor - we did this last October and again in March this year - worth a try.

Did a quick search on hotels.com for the same time in November (think it was 15th-just random date!), and cheapest is shared room in YHA for ?15, or you can have a private room for ?39. The hotel Mhoc mentioned above was there for ?47. Then it jumped to around ?60-90 a night. You can probably grab a bargain if flexible on dates?
    We recently went away for night last minute and grabbed a deal for dinner bed and breakfast for ?140 in a four star place with swimming pool etc, and only booked the night before! Okay so it may not be cheap cheap but it was about half the price of booking normally, and the food was amazing and included wine! (Hastens to add I didn't drink the wine!)

8. Default

Have you looked at airbnb? Rooms on there for ?22/4/5 a night in central Brighton.

Hi all, many thanks for all the ideas !

Back from work now, so can do a bit more delving
    Away from the numbers

Hi all

Have booked a family room for a Saturday night @ Jury's Inn Brighton for ?126, which I think is reasonable.

It is very close to the train station, where you can park at discounted rates when staying at Jurys, and not far from Jump The Gun ( suit shop )
    Away from the numbers