Thread: Review, Cottages4U

Default Review, Cottages4U

We had a great holiday in Northumberland at the end of September, however I was a little disappointed with the cottage.
    The booking process was very straightforward with no premium for using tesco vouchers. The cottages have independent reviews which do not show when you click through the clubcard page, but you can read them when you use the normal web page.

We stayed at Grosvenor Cottage in Alnmouth, great position in lovely village on the coast, nice beach, plentiful friendly pubs and restaurants. The village has an upmarket feel which was reflected in the good quality restaurants which were not cheap but were good value.

The cottage was fine, however it is classed as a 4* by Cottages4u, I would class the kitchen as a 2 and a half* and the rest as a 3 and a half*. The kitchen was fairly clean but there were crumbs visible under appliances and the fridge hadn't been cleaned before we arrived, it was also rather basic, with a very ineffective dishwasher. The rest of the cottage was spotless. The owners had made a real effort with the decor, tasteful bits and peices, decent bed and sofas, but the bathroom although having a jacuzzi bath was a little dated although very clean.

Apart from the crumbs and fridge in the kitchen, I think if the property could be described as 3* for me to have faith in the company and take any notice of their ratings. Having said all that it wasn't expensive and for the price was very good value for money in an amazing area.

Would we go to it again? No I wouldn't, I would rather pay 100 more for a cottage with a better kitchen! If we were on a very tight budget then I would go again!

It does take dogs, indeed we took ours and there were no dog hairs or smell.

Thanks Jen, always good to have a deals review on here.

We recently booked two cottages using cottage4youu/tesco clubcard. The first one in Upton, Norfolk and the electric was first 5 free and then pay card. The cottage was very modern but could have done with a bit more of a clean and decorated to freshen it up. The second cottage was Linda's Lodge in Halesworth. It was excellent, just been decorated and was spotlessly clean. was afraid to use the sink as it was gleaming! Owners also lovely. Gorgeous grounds. Near to Southwold which is beautiful.