Thread: Aldi Parking

Default Aldi Parking

In a Aldi near to me they have introduced at new system that you have to enter your car reg number on leaving the store.

I can as they are in a town centre location but what is there to stop someone parking there going into the town a calling in to enter their number without shopping in their store.

generally there is a time limit for the car park - the one near us is 2 hours - and it's a fair way (10 min walk each way) to the town centre.

But as you say - will Aldi "police" it to stop people just nipping in to enter their reg no.?

But if they came in, bought something cheap and then entered their reg no. - would that be ok?

I think it's much the same as most supermarket parking schemes - max stay 2 hours - so if you pop into town for a coffee - but are back within the two hours - where's the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by barafear799 View Post
    generally there is a time limit for the car park - the one near us is 2 hours - and it's a fair way (10 min walk each way) to the town centre.

But as you say - will Aldi "police" it to stop people just nipping in to enter their reg no.?

But if they came in, bought something cheap and then entered their reg no. - would that be ok?

I think it's much the same as most supermarket parking schemes - max stay 2 hours - so if you pop into town for a coffee - but are back within the two hours - where's the issue?
    But to make it convienent to their shoppers the machine is near the exit to the store.

The exit also is a walkway through the front of the store to the high street so people on their way back to the car park will pass the machine without the need to enter the main shop

Our Aldi has a camera as go into the car park and one on the exit. I do know people that have had parking fines from exceeding the parking limit. I have also seen parking cameras in some Tesco stores as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvaak View Post
    I can as they are in a town centre location but what is there to stop someone parking there going into the town a calling in to enter their number without shopping in their store.
    Maybe that's permitted? Planning permission for the new Aldi store in Coulsdon requires them to allow non-customers to use its car park free for 90 minutes, although they've already applied to overturn this commitment now the store has opened (due to under-capacity).