Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone experiencing delays with conversions to BA Avios?

There is an offer on for the next few days where you can get good discounts part paying with avois, its not to all destinations. Easy to find on the front page of the BA website. It may cost more but you will earn avois on the flights you book

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jd27 View Post
    I'm having issues. I converted to avios from 2 accounts recently, one went through overnight and the other one never did. It's now well over a week and after numerous calls to tesco and avios, I'm told I need to wait 28 days (even though they admitted a mistake on the original transaction from their end).
    Annoyingly the flight I need to book has limited availability so I'm probably going to need to book with part avios part cash, making this transaction a waste of time and valuable points.
    Very frustrating.
    Call tesco (and maybe avios), explain the situation and they can do a manual conversion almost instantly if you get a nice advisor.
    Also some of the part pay business fares to the US are fantastic if you want to go by January, ?700 off for 30k avios. Fares forking out a couple of hundred ?'s more than full avios fares and using 120k less avios.....can't beat that

I converted ?50 on Thursday evening, in my BA account the next day.

4. Default

I've spoken to tesco numerous times, and they state the 28 day T&C's. As far as they are concerned, although there was an error initially the transaction went through the second time (1.5 weeks ago). Avios can't see anything at their end so can do nothing about it.
    Tesco also stated its taking longer due to so many people converting - I'm not sure how that explains sr123's miles crediting the next day.
    I was hoping to make use of the reward flight saver, but given that accommodation is selling out at our destination for the dates that are available that we want to travel, I may just have to pay for the flights as I can't see them hitting my account anytime soon.

I did some to BA late last night and they are on my account this morning

Still waiting.....
    Spend a Little ...Holiday alot.

7. Default

Converted on 30th still waiting
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmos View Post
    Converted on 30th still waiting
    Have your's posted yet? I'm still waiting need to ring tomorrow.
    Spend a Little ...Holiday alot.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by navara View Post
    Have your's posted yet? I'm still waiting need to ring tomorrow.
    Nope not yet!!
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

10. Default

anyone converted to Avios recently ? I just logged in to do one and notice the tesco's boost page for Avios is changed slightly- it now calculates how many Avios you will receive when you type in how many vouchers you want to convert and didn't ask if my address matched my clubcard address.

There were quite a few other visual changes in layout too. Hopefully it's just appearance rather than programming since I wanted to convert vouchers from one account via my separate main account. This has always worked in the past let's hope they haven't put an end to it ! I guess I'll find out in a few days.