Thread: Nationwide rewards and Amazon

Default Nationwide rewards and Amazon

Just wondered if anyone had done the nationwide rewards offer - spend 100 on Amazon and get 25 cashback?

when did you spend your 100?
    have you got your 25 into your account yet?

I did mine on December 15th and assumed that the 25 would go in almost immediately like the Amex cashback plus I am sure someone did say they had already had theirs in their account.

So far no 25 for me and I've messaged them twice - not even an acknowledgment email that they have received my messsages
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

I did this three times (since I have three different Nationwide VISA cards); each time the cashback was credited immediately after the Amazon transactions hit my online statements.

Please be aware that you needed to activate the offer first using the Simply Rewards website and others had problems if the 100 was split across multiple payments. I purchased only 100 gift cards or gift card packs to ensure that Amazon wouldn't split the payments.

Thanks for this. I did the same just one 100 amazon gift voucher sent by email

How have you got 3 credit cards from nationwide? Are they all linked to different current accounts with different names.

They are telling me now it can take 5 days after delivery so I can tell they are just making this up as they go along - even with 5 days it means it would have been credited by December 20th - before Christmas
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

Thanks for this. I did the same just one 100 amazon gift voucher sent by email

How have you got 3 credit cards from nationwide? Are they all linked to different current accounts with different names.

They are telling me now it can take 5 days after delivery so I can tell they are just making this up as they go along - even with 5 days it means it would have been credited by December 20th - before Christmas

And then they said to check my junk mail for confirmation emails and to contact them if its not added by 5 o'clock

I did one before Christmas and it took a while to get to my account...hang on I will have to log in to banking to see.....Ok made my purchases on 12th and money in my account 19th. I was really happy as I spent about 150 but it was all on little things which came out of my account in odds and sods and I was concerned as I'd not bought one thing for 100 they may not give me the 25 but I couldn't see any T&C's. I accessed Amazon via the rewards site. I'm really pleased with Simply rewards. I bought some things in Argos as well and they paid out the following day!

Quote Originally Posted by mhoc View Post
    how have you got 3 credit cards from nationwide? Are they all linked to different current accounts with different names.
    No it's pretty straightforward to hold a few different Nationwide VISA cards as they allow individuals to have multiple accounts. I registered 1 credit card and 2 debit cards.

Yes I def logged into nationwide rewards and logged on through their link and it wasn't something I had already in my online basket ready to go