Thread: Groupon issue

Default Groupon issue

Evening PTS'ers. Friend of mine paid 695 for a dental service on groupon and it appears the dentistry company has gone bust with his appointment scheduled for 2 weeks time !

I told him profusely at the time to avoid groupon but now what is his rights? Is he covered through VISA or is it groupon s responsibility to refund?? i know theres a lost of folk on here who are very savvy with consumer rights etc so any info would be greatly appreciated !

Groupon itself is the first port of call in this situation - they have procedures to follow:

The business is closed

If the partner business has closed down, please let us know by clicking 'I still need help'. Sometimes we'll be able to arrange for you to use your Voucher with an alternative partner business, but you'll always have the option to refund the Voucher instead if that's your preference. Whatever happens, we'll make sure you don't lose out on the money that you spent with us.

Thanks very much Sarah that reply looks promising! I've never had much dealing with groupon but would hate for anyone to lose out on such as amount. thanks again

here, there and everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah7 View Post
    Groupon itself is the first port of call in this situation - they have procedures to follow:
    its very easy to do refunds with Groupon especially if its within the cooling off period, your money is just refunded via the method you used.
    I had to do a refund just after Christmas and I went via live chat and it was very straight forward.

Did you go via TCB - always go via TCB for a bit of extra cashback. if you do a refund it just gets removed.

with livingsocial even if you are out of the cooling off period you can get a refund via livingsocial credits to use on future purchases which is very useful if you are trying to co ordinate the various elements for a weekend away
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations