View Poll Results: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain

25 39.68%
  • Leave

38 60.32%
Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: EU - In or Out?

Default EU - In or Out?

I was thinking about the whole EU referendum & don't recall any mention on here about it.

There appears to be a wide ranging group of people on here from the two extremes - those talking 10p off coupons to those talking Rolexes - so I wonder how the EU is viewed?

So what are people's opinions?

I'm OUT.

In, for personal reasons.Selfish I know.
    Long term undecided.
    Last edited by markat; 7th March 2016 at 20:44.

IN for the greater good, OUT if we can get the EU credit card fee cap scrapped and 3Vs are brought back into Tesco.

Is that a bit shallow!

Quote Originally Posted by sr123 View Post
    Is that a bit shallow!
    Erm, no comment on that but unrealistic, surely. I was hoping we'd see some good quality analysis in the media about the ins & outs of EU membership during the run-up to the referendum; this would IMHO need to come from economists or other academics with trustworthy credentials, i.e. not politicians.

Sadly not much sign of this so for... maybe it'll just be sound bytes, hype and political posturing, etc. as would be usual for an election!

Out. Appreciate there are many valid arguments for both sides, which is why the vote is likely to be so close and why there are key MP's that have gone against the government, eg IDS.

I just feel we should have our independence from bureaucracy - we have enough of our own - and a bit more say in what goes on within our own borders.

There has been a lot of scaremongering over trade, if that's the best the "IN" campaigners can fret about then it convinces me more we should get out. Trade with EU member countries won't end, any more than it does with China or the US.

As I say, there are valid arguments for both in and out. I'm not going to argue the toss either way, my "out" is mainly because I am fed up of European legislation.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

I'm verging on out. Started off as a definite in and have always been a Europhile, but now having serious doubts about the whole European project.

The migrant crisis, and the ludicrous prospect of Turkey being able to join the union because it's effectively blackmailed it's way in, is outrageous.

I agree also that the bullying and scare mongering by the in's is not helping their cause one bit.!!

We are one of the most successful countries in Europe. The idea that by pulling out we will be on our own in the dark with very little trade with Europe is completely ridiculous.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Bananas must have a curve within a defined range.

On that reason alone, out!

We have better things to spend the 55million a day on than the EU.

As for trade deals? Ahhh Mr Trade and Industry spokesperson for country XYZ we would like to trade with, you know that deal you have with the EU? How about we just copy and paste the text, change EU to UK and sign it?

OK I know thats a simplistic view, but all this talk about years of trade negotiations being needed is nonsense. We just agree the same terms we have now, and then negotiate any minor points as needed.

Out - we need to regain control of our statute and borders. The EU gravy train needs to come to a stop.

I have no idea.
    The 'IN' campaign has said we are better in for economic reasons with no real substance, better in than out, scare people that we will loose something....but what
    The 'OUT' campaign says immigrants, refugees, asylum seekers and not much else

Neither have given a good argument as far as I can see and jump on the bandwagon of what people are worried about. Surely we need more information, we shouldn't have to hunt around to try and find it.

Whatever we vote we loose. If you vote the winner, whoever voted the other way will complain as soon as the first thing goes wrong and visa versa. Around 50% will be wrong, so I've decided not to discuss at work as it just gets people wound up and it's not worth it.

I'm edging on out but really would like more information to give a more informed decision.

I am looking forward to the meeting of the new heads of state ....
    Putin, Trump, Boris
    Must take phone to bed, must take phone to bed, must take phone to bed......