View Poll Results: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain

25 39.68%
  • Leave

38 60.32%
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: EU - In or Out?

navara is offline Official Tesco Quarter End Don't Panic Guru

If it's a brexit outcome what happens to all the EU workers and non workers already here?
    Spend a Little ...Holiday alot.

Quote Originally Posted by navara View Post
    If it's a brexit outcome what happens to all the EU workers and non workers already here?

If they are already here legally then they would stay. My hope is we regain some controls and decide who we let in. Personally I'd like to see something like Australia - if you haven't got what we want or need, or we haven't agreed to let you in for any particular reason (eg agreed numbers for humanitarian reasons) then you don't come in. And if you do come in we have the ability to send you back out quick march.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    We are one of the most successful countries in Europe. The idea that by pulling out we will be on our own in the dark with very little trade with Europe is completely ridiculous.
    Quite agree with you here and that is one of several reasons I'm an OUT person. We were warned not going into the Eurozone would be bad for business and look how that has panned out. Our financial services industry appears to be thriving, I'm sure we won't have any real issues long term as people will still want to trade with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    We are one of the most successful countries in Europe. The idea that by pulling out we will be on our own in the dark with very little trade with Europe is completely ridiculous.
    Well said. Could not agree more.

( Whatever happened to the pair of hands icon that clapped ?)

The cost to the UK is 55 MILLION PER DAY.
    32 Million is given back in various subsidies ( ie farming etc ). So what are we giving a further 23 million for ? Reading up on this .......per head of the UK is over 3 thousand pounds per year for this privilage !!!!

Probably not much help here but......The leaflets that came through the post today for most of us are being sent back to Downing Street by many .Address here for those who feel strongly ..
    David Cameron
    10 Downing Street
    London
    SW1A 2AA

In for economic reasons as the GDP and house prices will suffer if we leave. However out as we let some bad countries in over the last decade, half he roma gypsy population of slovakia, romania and hungary have moved to south yorkshire.

I'd happily stay if we could relegate the above 3 countries and send the roma back to their woodland villages.

Even if we go I have a feeling that the ones we don't want are here to stay, the damage is done.

Quote Originally Posted by hog boss View Post
    Probably not much help here but......The leaflets that came through the post today for most of us are being sent back to Downing Street by many .Address here for those who feel strongly ..

David Cameron

10 Downing Street

London

SW1A 2AA

Surely all this is going to do is cost the Royal Mail a fortune in unpaid mail being dumped? I doubt the government will pay to release the mail and if they did it's only going to cost us in the long run. If you do put a stamp on its going to cost you money.... Although this is probably the most effective thing for us all to do.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Very interesting programme on last night about how Britain's application to join the European union was rejected not once but twice. It.s probably something not many people in this country are aware of.

I will be voting to remain. Have weighed up the pros and cons,- for me there is more to gain than lose by being part of a European Union.
    I think it will be close though, but the the remains will just nudge it.

Quote Originally Posted by winebuff View Post
    Very interesting programme on last night about how Britain's application to join the European union was rejected not once but twice. It.s probably something not many people in this country are aware of.
    Yes, I watched it too and agree, a really interesting programme.

Here's the iPlayer link:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...n-island-apart

The troubled history of the UK's relationship with Europe. Episode one examines why British governments initially shunned the new Common Market then begged to join.