View Poll Results: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain

    25 39.68%
  • Leave

    38 60.32%
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 559

Thread: EU - In or Out?

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Surely all this is going to do is cost the Royal Mail a fortune in unpaid mail being dumped? I doubt the government will pay to release the mail and if they did it's only going to cost us in the long run. If you do put a stamp on its going to cost you money.... Although this is probably the most effective thing for us all to do.
    You can also send it direct to the Tory party using their own Freepost address

    Freepost RSBB XRZT ZTXE
    The Conservative Foundation
    30 Millbank
    London SW1P 4DP

    Don't forget to correct the lies & inaccuracies so it can't be reused. Mine was posted back the same day

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hog boss View Post
    The cost to the UK is 55 MILLION PER DAY.
    32 Million is given back in various subsidies ( ie farming etc ). So what are we giving a further 23 million for ? Reading up on this .......per head of the UK is over 3 thousand pounds per year for this privilage !!!!
    That doesnt quite add up

  3. #23

    Default

    The Leave campaign and its supporters are making a lot of alarmist statements, many of which seem to have a tenuous connection with reality......

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lenrouse View Post
    The Leave campaign and its supporters are making a lot of alarmist statements, many of which seem to have a tenuous connection with reality......
    And the in campaign is not doing this then ?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunnygirl View Post
    You can also send it direct to the Tory party using their own Freepost address
    Nigel Farage was on LBC this morning advocating this and it appears several newspapers have also done the same. Seems like a pretty selfish thing to do though - does not encourage me to support the leave campaign, just wastes resources.

    The address above is out of date, by the way. The 'Post It Back' organisers have advised to use a Matthew Parker Street address instead now.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,152

    Default

    Are there any TV debates planned for this? I enjoyed the general election debates and found it a good way to get info on lots of positions at the same time.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah7 View Post
    Nigel Farage was on LBC this morning advocating this and it appears several newspapers have also done the same. Seems like a pretty selfish thing to do though - does not encourage me to support the leave campaign, just wastes resources.

    The address above is out of date, by the way. The 'Post It Back' organisers have advised to use a Matthew Parker Street address instead now.
    Agreed, will achieve nothing but waste tax payers or royal mails money.

    If people feel that strongly about it they can vote and see what the majority think.

    Bet half the people who send them back don't bother voting.

    Personally I think longer term we'd be better out of the EU but we'd have 5-10 years of short term pain.

    I know it is not an option at the moment but some people have the misconception that Nigel Farage and the UK Indepent Party would be running the country if we left. Would I ever want him or his party running the country, not a chance .

    I listened to the local UKIP candidate on our local radio when the lat election was on and he was clueless. He had lots of problems but not a single solution.

    Nigel Farage seems to be the UK's answer to Donald Trump.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Brexit has nothing to do with Nigel Farage or any other politician running this country, but it does have a great deal to do with whether we the British people can decide who we want to run the country.

    As I see it, if we remain in the EU, the European Parliament will continue to make more and more decisions with which we will be obliged to comply and it will lead to a federal Europe with Britain and Germany funding it.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 167rfw View Post
    Brexit has nothing to do with Nigel Farage or any other politician running this country, but it does have a great deal to do with whether we the British people can decide who we want to run the country.

    As I see it, if we remain in the EU, the European Parliament will continue to make more and more decisions with which we will be obliged to comply and it will lead to a federal Europe with Britain and Germany funding it.
    It would be interesting if we were to leave if anyone else would follow suit.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glyno View Post
    It would be interesting if we were to leave if anyone else would follow suit.

    It would indeed! I'm a bit disappointed Labour have come out in favour of staying in as I fear it's now a done deal.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •