View Poll Results: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain

25 39.68%
  • Leave

38 60.32%
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Thread: EU - In or Out?

A serious question - are any of you Trump supporters?

Quote Originally Posted by zoebusher View Post
    Seriously?! Not a chance in hell.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Not as such - don't like him as a person at all.
    However the UK media is portraying Clinton as the best of the best - apparently she is far from it & in the US there is more of an even balance as Clinton is disliked as much as Trump.
    She isn't as clean as we in the UK are lead to believe by the press.
    It is very much Clinton is the best of a bad bunch.
    But I can honestly see Trump winning - because the polls won't give a true representation due to people being afraid of coming out in support of Trump (just like over here with the Leave voters).
    About 6 months ago I didn't think he stood a chance!
    One thing I think is that if Trump wins, he will only serve one term - is this the shake up the US needs & indeed the World needs so that they sit up & listen to the forgotten?

Quote Originally Posted by zoebusher View Post
    Honestly - if i was a US voter walking into a polling booth with a choice of Trump or Clinton - i would go for Trump.

Having said that, its crazy that he got the nomination when there were much better candidates available.
    Away from the numbers

Well as the thread was resurrected it is worth restating previous observations regarding the stock market. Far from taking "years if ever" to recover, both the FTSE 100 and 250 made gains to above pre-brexit levels. Now of course I expect responses like "you haven't seen anything yet" and "wait until after article 50" in which case if you do believe today that you are going to lose everything you had, you have ample opportunity to do something about it in advance of A-50 being invoked.

In relation to Trump vs Clinton, as a UK citizen I do not follow the history of either of them in detail, either in office or in business, as I have no need to do so as far as an American citizen would (if you believe that the majority in America are fully engaged in this process). It isn't the first election and certainly won't be the last where for many people none of the candidates are particularly enthralling, I am sure we have all been in that situation in local, national and EU elections in the past. Therefore I don't have a particular preference either way, but can understand how many Americans would view Trump as real change from the current political system, and see Clinton as more of the same. Likewise I can understand how many Americans would view the change that Trump appears to represent to be a disaster in the making, and actually it may well be better the devil you know and at least Clinton has some political history to judge objectively, whether you see it positive or negative.

In terms of stocks, if Clinton wins I expect the UK markets to react positively, and if Trump wins I fully expect a mini crash of some description. Markets do not like uncertainty and they know more of what to expect with a Clinton victory than a Trump one. If Trump wins, I can imagine America being seen as a laughing stock at least until Trump pulls something out of the bag that has the ability to change peoples minds and views. Given what has been reported about Trump and his expected policies, it is going to take something masterful to change expectations, at the moment it seems to me in the UK that Trump being elected president has the same desirability to much of America as Zippy and Bungle leading our government. Then again the USA survived the presidency of George "Dubya" Bush, so the country could be a lot more resilient than we give it credit for.

So then has everyone gone in to hiding or in bed from celebrating too hard?

I am just really shocked that so many people didnt listen to the clever people on here
    Away from the numbers

Next time there is what I consider to be an obvious dumb option I think I will put some money on that choice. That way what ever the result I will be less upset.

Shares doing ok the last day or two
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.