Thread: Barcelo, are they leaving?

1. Default Barcelo, are they leaving?

I phoned Barcelo last week for a price, the guy I spoke to said that they have finished with Tesco Clubcard in January and only honouring people with converted vouchers. They were still available to get on Clubcard page, so I quickly exchanged points to vouchers. When I phoned back to book, the next agent mentioned nothing, so not sure if it's true or not.

Other than being told that on my first call, was a good service. Took a few minutes to book everthing, upgrade to all inclusive & sea view can be included with reward. They provide you with a booking ref, then you email your code to them. If there is any balance to pay it is taken on arrival at hotel.

2. Default

I've often wondered how much these hotel companies put their prices up by when paying with clubcard compared to their standard online prices. Is there a way to view clubcard prices without ringing up?

Quote Originally Posted by CD627 View Post
    I've often wondered how much these hotel companies put their prices up by when paying with clubcard compared to their standard online prices. Is there a way to view clubcard prices without ringing up?
    I've only used deals against Barcelo once. The 'Tesco' price, though higher, was a pretty decent one, and not inflated.

This was a few years ago though. Since then I have often thought of doing this again, but the discrepancy between the best deal you can get either online or booking with the hotel directly, and the amount that you pay using boosts has made this a really bad deal.

I'm finding this generally though with hotels/ holidays using deals, not just Barcelo.

4. Default

The same principle applies to the Pizza Express deals, ie you can usually find a voucher for 40-50 percent off rather than use a 4x boost.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
    The same principle applies to the Pizza Express deals, ie you can usually find a voucher for 40-50 percent off rather than use a 4x boost.
    Even better when you pay with discounted giftcards from Tesco. Did this last night using a 30% off voucher.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CD627 View Post
    The price is shown on website, but it's the one before online booking discount.
    You need to phone up and check before converting as some hotels are not included.