Thread: Received fake item advice on feedback

Default Received fake item advice on feedback

I bought some fragrance off ebay, it was a bit cheaper than instore but not cheap. It was a gift so I was pretty embarrassed when my son opened it and immediately spotted it was fake. I emailed the seller, they were very apologetic and sent me a label to return it then refunded me on return. I left neutral feedback to say I had received a fake item but was promptly refunded. To my surprise the seller then emailed me to say could I remove the neutral feedback as in their eyes they had done no wrong and this feedback could be harmful to them. What do others think?

Its difficult as if they were unaware it was fake they couldn't have done more to rectify the situation. But your feedback sounds honest, are they selling lots of fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by zoebusher View Post
    Its difficult as if they were unaware it was fake they couldn't have done more to rectify the situation. But your feedback sounds honest, are they selling lots of fragrance?
    The cynical side of me says they are selling fakes, if they are selling lots of new fragrances at below RRP on the high street then my gut feeling they are fakes and your feedback will probably alert other buyers and hurt their sales.
    Its this type of behaviour that is making me never buy some things of ebay and Amazon these days.

It is academic now anyway as Ebay removed my feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by melroccan View Post
    It is academic now anyway as Ebay removed my feedback!
    Makes you think - what's the point?

Don't remove the neutral feedback - as this goes against how eBay 'should' work!
    If the seller want's it removed, they can contact eBay & let eBay decide if it should be removed - that way eBay knows if this person is regularly asking customers to remove or alter feedback & will therefore take action against the seller.
    I fail to see how someone can sell something without knowing it's a fake - particularly if selling as a business. They also give other reputable sellers on eBay a bad name.
    It's very easy to spot fake fragrances - more so than other products so I believe the seller knew exactly what they were doing!
    I would have left negative feedback for the seller & I would certainly contact eBay & report the fact the buyer has asked you to remove the feedback. Tip of the iceberg.

Ebay removed my feedback anyway and I can't be bothered to try and get it reinstated as I have tried the number and there are no options that suit. I think it was removed because my laptop missed some letters out so it said Faktem instead of Fake item = maybe they thought it was a swear word!!