Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: slow delivery

Default slow delivery

I've not done any buying or selling on ebay for a while so I don't know how normal this is. I purchased something on ebay last weekend and paid straight away as usual

on Monday morning I had an email from ebay to say it had been dispatched which I thought was unusual as it was only 8.30 in the morning but I know some local post offices like the one in our Nisa have the same opening hours as the shop ie all day and everyday.

I was expecting the parcel on Wednesday but nothing arrived. Nothing arrived on Thursday either. Finally it arrived this afternoon and on the postal sticker it said it was not posted out until 23rd (so normally it would have arrived on Friday but it was a bank holiday)

It was not a time sensitive thing and the parcel fitted through the front door with no real problems so no issues really but annoying that they marked it as dispatched when it was not dispatched for another 3 days. It has come from a business seller not a private one

Out of curiosity I checked google maps and the address is 5 mins drive from a post office so not a vast distance

I've not done the feedback yet, I am inclined not to let it affect what I put but has anyone else had this happen?
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

I've marked things as dispatched before going to the PO only to find it closed due to till problems. Up to you whether you mark them down and leave feedback.

I always mark as dispatched as soon s the parcel is wrapped.

I mark as despatched after I've despatched it.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

i'm not sure but i think mine are automatically marked as dispatched when the label is printed (this sometimes goes wrong if the parcel shop machine isn't working) (was it myhermes? there was a problem with my hermes earlier this week)
    Last edited by WHITEGUINEAPIG; 26th March 2016 at 20:33.

no it was a hand written address label - I know you can put the address onto labels so for a business I suppose hand writing labels is unusual
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

I tend to mark as dispatched after I've been to the PO - I would not risk doing it beforehand - tempting fate, you never know if you might get side tracked en route

I have so many parcels to post that If I don't mark as sent, when wrapped and put in the "to go" bag I would get very confused as to what I had sent and what I hadn't...I guess what works for one doesn't work for another.

Question is, would you mark as "sent" and put in "to go" bag 3 days before actually sending it?!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

True, True! No, I post the same day or next day!