Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Critical illness insurance-thoughts pls

Perhaps you need to read the first two replies again rather than making silly little digs at me? Perhaps read the first reply that said about reading the small print, and mine saying about the 5* cover but also saying to take the advice of the initial reply into account? As you seem to struggle to cross reference I'll repeat - READ THE SMALL PRINT.

My link showed the star ratings, which may help the op avoid low rated policies. Possibly you are insistent that a 3* policy will likely be better in many respects than a 5* one? If not then I'm not sure why you keep repeating what I've already said in my first reply - READ THE SMALL PRINT.

I've missed your personal "have a go at Dom" replies, where have you been hiding?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Perhaps you need to read the first two replies again rather than making silly little digs at me? Perhaps read the first reply that said about reading the small print, and mine saying about the 5* cover but also saying to take the advice of the initial reply into account? As you seem to struggle to cross reference I'll repeat - READ THE SMALL PRINT.

My link showed the star ratings, which may help the op avoid low rated policies. Possibly you are insistent that a 3* policy will likely be better in many respects than a 5* one? If not then I'm not sure why you keep repeating what I've already said in my first reply - READ THE SMALL PRINT.

I've missed your personal "have a go at Dom" replies, where have you been hiding?

Dom, usually I ignore much of what you say as not worth a comment but, from time to time, you say something which could be dangerous
    to somebody who believed your frequently repeated and simplistic bad advice You have written:

"cover will vary slightly between companies"
    "Surely choosing a company with Defaqto 5* cover would mean very comprehensive and very similar levels of cover"
    "I'm confident you'll find very little of substance to separate the top end 5* policies"

Each of your three statements are naive and wrong and should not be relied on. You seem too lazy to research your claims,
    so please stop making them until you have something of substance to say. Your advice on buying a 5* policy is good.
    Your advice that there is little to choose between them is bad - especially if you ever wanted to claim for a brain tumour.

As this cover will be very expensive you could consider saving the same amount of money in a rainy day fund.

Default Critical illness insurance-thoughts pls

Quote Originally Posted by VeryTrying View Post
    Dom, usually I ignore much of what you say as not worth a comment but, from time to time, you say something which could be dangerous

to somebody who believed your frequently repeated and simplistic bad advice You have written:

"cover will vary slightly between companies"

"Surely choosing a company with Defaqto 5* cover would mean very comprehensive and very similar levels of cover"

"I'm confident you'll find very little of substance to separate the top end 5* policies"

Each of your three statements are naive and wrong and should not be relied on. You seem too lazy to research your claims,

so please stop making them until you have something of substance to say. Your advice on buying a 5* policy is good.

Your advice that there is little to choose between them is bad - especially if you ever wanted to claim for a brain tumour.

Considering you claim to ignore most of what I say you still seem fixated with quoting me constantly and thus contradicting your opening dig. Why not change the record? And where have you been hiding? I was tiring of your incessant obsession with me by quoting and nit picking when I was just trying to help and then you disappeared for years. Now you're back and straight back at it! Where have you been, in prison? Perhaps I'll give you the same treatment and see how you enjoy it. Give it a rest.
    Last edited by Dominic; 3rd May 2016 at 20:51.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Considering you claim to ignore most of what I say you still seem fixated with quoting me constantly and thus contradicting your opening dig. Why not change the record? And where have you been hiding? I was tiring of your incessant obsession with me by quoting and nit picking when I was just trying to help and then you disappeared for years. Now you're back and straight back at it! Where have you been, in prison? Perhaps I'll give you the same treatment and see how you enjoy it. Give it a rest.
    Dom, most of the time what you say has little effect on anybody, no matter how wrong you are. But on this occasion you are actually
    dangerous when trying to mislead somebody about buying insurance. Perhaps if you were to stop behaving as such a know-it-all,
    while refusing to do any research, you might find yourself listened to more and argued with less.
    As things stand, your claims need to be taken with a big pinch of salt.

Default Critical illness insurance-thoughts pls

Quote Originally Posted by VeryTrying View Post
    Dom, most of the time what you say has little effect on anybody, no matter how wrong you are. But on this occasion you are actually

dangerous when trying to mislead somebody about buying insurance. Perhaps if you were to stop behaving as such a know-it-all,

while refusing to do any research, you might find yourself listened to more and argued with less.

As things stand, your claims need to be taken with a big pinch of salt.

As things stand all you've done is argue the toss without actually offering any extra help to the op. As you seem to have again chosen not to even read what I've confirmed in my first post, it was "READ THE SMALL PRINT". If the op does this and chooses according to their needs, then they aren't going to get into any problems, are they?

Two points - I've not "tried to mislead" I've tried to help, and confirmed I'm not an expert, and agreed in my original post to CHECK THE SMALL PRINT! Secondly, I'm not "refusing" to do any research - I've stated I've not the time to research in depth. I have however posted a couple of links to try to help the op. I don't deserve the haranguing you are giving me and the quite frankly rude and insulting personal digs. If policies do vary hugely even though they are 5* then I stand corrected, but you've offered one single example, backed as yet by no hard facts or cross reference, to make your case.

I'm not actually the "know it all" here!

Are you a politician, you constantly repeat yourself whilst failing to acknowledge when you have been proved wrong (ie the reference to reading the small print) and fail to answer questions put to you! I ask again - why away for so long then suddenly back in the same tiresome manner? Where have you been?
    Last edited by Dominic; 3rd May 2016 at 22:00.

As things stand all you've done is argue the toss without actually offering any extra help to the op. As you seem to have again chosen not to even read what I've confirmed in my first post, it was "READ THE SMALL PRINT". If the op does this and chooses according to their needs, then they aren't going to get into any problems, are they?

Two points - I've not "tried to mislead" I've tried to help, and confirmed I'm not an expert, and agreed in my original post to CHECK THE SMALL PRINT! Secondly, I'm not "refusing" to do any research - I've stated I've not the time to research in depth. I have however posted a couple of links to try to help the op. I don't deserve the haranguing you are giving me and the quite frankly rude and insulting personal digs. If policies do vary hugely even though they are 5* then I stand corrected, but you've offered one single example, backed as yet by no hard facts or cross reference, to make your case.

I'm not actually the "know it all" here!

Are you a politician, you constantly repeat yourself whilst failing to acknowledge when you have been proved wrong (ie the reference to reading the small print) and fail to answer questions put to you! I ask again - why away for so long then suddenly back in the same tiresome manner? Where have you been?
    Oh dear, Dom, I'm so sorry for not repeating, ad nauseam, how right you always are (and I'm sure always will be).
    I didn't realise that you were so insecure that you needed constant admiration to prop up your low self esteem.
    But now I understand your problem more fully, I'll do my best to constantly fall about in amazement at your truthfulness,
    insight, deep research, and general academic prowess. Not that you ever display any such attributes, but I'm sure you will still
    preen when you are complimented on them.

Now which questions of yours are you so upset that I have failed to answer? Is it the one where you asked me if I'd been in prison?
    Or the one where you ask me if I was a politician? I'm not sure which one you thought would be the biggest insult
    (oh, the "rude and insulting personal digs" you make, you naughty boy). Or perhaps it's your request that I give you some hard facts
    or cross reference - as I have suggested from the beginning, although I know you don't want to waste the time,
    perhaps you could compare brain tumours., possibly between LV and Legal and General.

However, we are making much progress. You have at last admitted that you don't "know it all". Well done!

Seriously... WIND IT IN!!!

Neither of you are doing yourselves any favours - it's embarrassing.

Closing this thread as gone off topic and become somewhat personal.