Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by glyno View Post
    When we were in the marriott for 20 pounds a night extra you could pay for cocktail hor which lasted betwenn 3pm and 7pm. You could order any drinks except champagne or champagne cocktails.

As the drinks they sell are premium and usually imported they are expensive. We used to order whst we want and at about 6.55 order a bottle of wine. They also put on a complementary sushi buffet while it was on.

i keep looking for asimilar thing at other hotels and have never been able to find again.
    Those deals are around all you have to do is book the Executive or Club \level at the hotel. I managed just recently to get Club level at the Plaza Athenee for B3200 ++ using a BRG.

Quote Originally Posted by Avoint View Post
    Those deals are around all you have to do is book the Executive or Club \level at the hotel. I managed just recently to get Club level at the Plaza Athenee for B3200 ++ using a BRG.
    What is a BRG?

I was gonna ask that question as well ....

Know what a BFG is, but not a BRG
    Away from the numbers

The whole of Thailand is seedy, well at least the places tourists and expats go. You don't escape it anywhere - the quality of hotel does not matter, you still see western men and women with their paid for Thai friends.

I did not like it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpen View Post
    The whole of Thailand is seedy, well at least the places tourists and expats go. You don't escape it anywhere - the quality of hotel does not matter, you still see western men and women with their paid for Thai friends.

I did not like it one bit.
    I didn't see this in any of my hotels.

Saw it in public, ended up on a fishing trip with one man and his special friend.

Didn't see a go go bar in Koi Lanta or Phi Phi, and because of that I didn't see any bar girls with western men in those two places.

You could never avoid it in its entirety, but you can minimize your exposure to it.

A little bit of the Thai experience is seeing some of this. Went to a go go bar with the wife at ao nang as there was not a normal bar to visit, was an interesting experience speaking to both the girls and the customers. Not that I'd take a 13 year old to one.

This doesn't just happen in Thailand. I understand the whole region of asia is similar. I saw a bit of this in Bali and KL as well but to a lesser extent.

BRG is Best Rate Guarentee. You find a cheap rate with a travel agent and the hotel matches and deducts a % off it as long as all the T&Cs are met.

Simplest one is with Starwood.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...language=en_US

Hilton have a sale on with the Millenium in Bangkok at a great price

Thanks for update Avoint.

Have booked flights to BK , need to sort out the domestic flights next.

From BK, will get flight to Khon Kaen, stay 4 nights there, then fly to Koh Samui ( via BK ) Spend 7/8 nights there, then back to BK for 2 nights before returning to UK.

Was originally going to visit Chiang Mai after Khon Kaen, but the schedule was getting a bit cluttered.
    Away from the numbers

Enjoy your trip. Which day are you leaving?

Thanks !

Flying out from UK on 19th August.
    Away from the numbers