Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edinburgh Airport Lounge ?

Default Edinburgh Airport Lounge ?

Due to train timetabling etc, will be spending a few hours overnight @ Edinburgh Airport before long haul flight around 8 am.

Never flown from there before, appreciate if anyone could fill me in on whether any sort of lounge availability there, or what the general facilities are like ?

Also, getting to Waverley station around 23:00 ish, is the bus service to airport ok, or best to taxi it ?

Thanks
    Away from the numbers

Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Thanks for feedback Dom.

Yep i was being lazy, bit hungover this morning, and it is Fathers Day - thats my (bad) excuse

Had a read up on the lounge, dosnt open till 04:30, and no showers or toilets in there, so giving it the swerve.
    Away from the numbers

Maybe better getting a cheap travelodge or Premier Inn?

Trouble is we dont arrive @ Edinburgh till 23:00 ish, could be midnight by time checked in a hotel, and would have to check out early in the morning.

Looks like we'll slum it at the airport
    Away from the numbers

Could be handy if you want a shower and a snooze though? There is a Trvelodge and Premier Inn right next to the airport.

Yes thats true bud, if i was considering paying 60 odd quid for 3 hours in a lounge i should look again at the hotel option.
    Away from the numbers

The pay lounge is crap, BA recently refurbished theirs but neither are up to spec of LGW or LHR.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander33 View Post
    Due to train timetabling etc, will be spending a few hours overnight @ Edinburgh Airport before long haul flight around 8 am.

Never flown from there before, appreciate if anyone could fill me in on whether any sort of lounge availability there, or what the general facilities are like ?

Also, getting to Waverley station around 23:00 ish, is the bus service to airport ok, or best to taxi it ?

Thanks
    Never took the tram but a cab will cost you about 18-19, at that time you will get no traffic so it will be much faster than the tram.