Thread: Lounge club - AMEX gold

Default Lounge club - AMEX gold

Two questions please.

I believe the card holder gets two visits per year and can take one guest on each. I read on FT that you can use both visits at one time but I don't know how. We are 2 adults and 2 kids. Can we all go for free if my husband uses both his visits at once or can he still take only two people in (one guest for each of his two entitlements).

Also had another question re moving between terminals. We'll be travelling from Heathrow terminal 3 but have quite a bit of hours at hand. How early can we check in. Flying via Finnair. Is it possible to use a terminal 2 lounge after we've checked in? Apologies if it's a silly question but I keep reading landslide lounge and airside lounge and get confused. Reviews say Terminal 3 Swissport lounge is not worthwhile and that's the only one free with AMEX lounge club. However there are nicer ones on terminal 2 and 4. If this can work, how much time do we need to keep to be able to come back to terminal 3 and go to gate. I think there's free transport between terminal 2 and 3.

As far as I know you get 2 free entries per year via the LC card you get with the Amex Gold (no additional guests). So you its unlikely you will be able to get all 4 of you in on one card. Mum and Dad can get in, but you might have to pay extra for the 2 kids.

Sorry, don't have any advice on your second query.

Quote Originally Posted by s879 View Post
    Two questions please.

I believe the card holder gets two visits per year and can take one guest on each. I read on FT that you can use both visits at one time but I don't know how. We are 2 adults and 2 kids. Can we all go for free if my husband uses both his visits at once or can he still take only two people in (one guest for each of his two entitlements).
    The card has two complimentary entries, i.e. your husband can go in on two different times himself, or can take 1 person in with him. After those are used, you are charged per person, I think 15 (which is less than the normal walk-in rate). So if the 4 of you go in, it'll cost 30 for 4. I've never used it for more than the 2 entries, so I don't know if you pay cash, or it gets charged to your gold card (when using priority pass with the plat card, the plat card gets charged for extra entries). I'd imagine that'll still work out cheaper than eating/drinking in the main terminal, and it'll be a nicer/quieter experience.
    Last edited by tangey; 4th July 2016 at 13:47.

Thanks Tangey and Sr123.

Do NOT go in the Swissport lounge in T3 I beg you!

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11...ow-terminal-3/
    Love Clubcard and Nectar? Visit www.shopperpoints.co.uk for daily deals and news

Quote Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
    Do NOT go in the Swissport lounge in T3 I beg you!

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11...ow-terminal-3/
    Yes Raffles, I did read your review and that's why asked this earlier
    "We'll be travelling from Heathrow terminal 3 but have quite a bit of hours at hand. How early can we check in? Flying via Finnair. Is it possible to use a terminal 2 lounge after we've checked in? Apologies if it's a silly question but I keep reading landside lounge and airside lounge and get confused. Reviews say Terminal 3 Swissport lounge is not worthwhile and that's the only one free with AMEX lounge club. However there are nicer ones on terminal 2 and 4. If this can work, how much time do we need to keep to be able to come back to terminal 3 and go to gate. I think there's free transport between terminal 2 and 3."

I have received my AMEX Gold but I recall it takes a few weeks before the Lounge Pass card arrives. I am going on a holiday in a few days. Do the lounges accept seeing your AMEX and boarding pass or will I be refused entry because I haven't received the Lounge pass yet?

As far as my experiences you must have your Lounge Pass. They have never asked to see my Amex Gold card.

Assuming the lounge allows walk-ups, you won't be refused entry, you will however be asked to pay.

Thanks, I don;t want to pay as i should get 2 passes with me AMEX but i doubt the Lounge Pass card will arrive in time :-(