Thread: Do TCB support deliberately not answer the question?

Default Do TCB support deliberately not answer the question?

I'd appreciate opinions on this. It's not the first time I've submitted a support ticket and had a reply that bears little relation to the query.

I posted a support ticket explaining that I have tried to submit a higher cashback guarantee claim for two Hotels.com cashback claims (Quidco offering 10% on bookings made with mobile and with Rewards, TCB only offering 6.3% on bookings made with Welcome Rewards). Both have tracked, but when I go to the Highest Cashback Guarantee claim page and select merchant, it has two Hotels.com entries on the drop down box. Whichever one I choose it says there is no record of transaction when I put the correct dates in (one was that evening, 21st August and the other one was from 14th August).

The reply was that I should wait 7 days (14th to 21st is 7 days?!) and then if still not showing to submit a missing cashback claim.

I've replied quite frustratedly to ask them to read my ticket again as I've said both have tracked, it is not missing, but that I can't submit a higher cashback guarantee claim because their page won't let me! I've also pointed out that their own website says only that you need to wait for it to track before submitting a claim (both bookings tracked within minutes of being made), nothing about having to wait 7 days.

I've never had a problem submitting a claim before.

I suspect the fact Hotels.com is showing twice in the list of merchants I've booked with indicates a glitch of some sort, which is what I reported it as (a website bug or error).

I find TCB really good with most things but their support has a habit of completely ignoring what was actually asked and replying with something irrelevant. It drives me nuts!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Funny you should mention it but yes I have just had a support ticket reply that bears no resemblance to the question I asked. It asks me to wait longer but I have already waited longer than their response says!

I haven't used hotels.com for a while but the last one was declined after a support ticket. Are you using the hotels.com rewards as I'm sure that's why my TCB didn't go to payable or discount code?

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post
    Funny you should mention it but yes I have just had a support ticket reply that bears no resemblance to the question I asked. It asks me to wait longer but I have already waited longer than their response says!

I haven't used hotels.com for a while but the last one was declined after a support ticket. Are you using the hotels.com rewards as I'm sure that's why my TCB didn't go to payable or discount code?

Yes, but there are now different levels of cashback (ridiculously complex!) depending if you are using a laptop or mobile, and taking Welcome Rewards or not. A mobile with WR is 6.3% on TCB and 10% on Quidco. I only use TCB as it keeps it all in one place and I find TCB more reliable. I've never had issues with the HCG before.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

My theory it is simply someone who doesn't 'fancy' dealing with your actual query because its a tricky one and might take too long or however they're measured, does some kind of reply and gets it off their desk and hope it lands with someone else when it comes back in !
    Still Waiting

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyChain View Post
    My theory it is simply someone who doesn't 'fancy' dealing with your actual query because its a tricky one and might take too long or however they're measured, does some kind of reply and gets it off their desk and hope it lands with someone else when it comes back in !

I suspect this! I had another reply today saying sorry she misread my original query. How she could misread it is beyond me as it was very clear it was about highest cashback guarantee! She now says to try the bottom one of the two and if it doesn't work to go back to them. Being as I already tried both, and as she's not admitted there was an issue which they think they may have resolved, I'm not confident.....