Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which credit card?

Default Which credit card?

I always used to bash everything on the Tesco Finest card, 1 point per 2. That's now rubbish so used the MBNA Diamond Club Avios card the last few months but that's now rubbish.

Someone suggested an Amex Platinum one that gives cashback, but most of the time we only put 500 on it a month so I have doubts we'd do much more than cover the 25 yearly fee.

The Santander 123 card might be worthwhile but it's marginal when the fee is 3 a month.

Any ideas? I guess the end has come now for decent rewards unless you are a big spender.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Nectar cards opening offer seems to be the best bet at the min for the short term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Nectar cards opening offer seems to be the best bet at the min for the short term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is this the one by invite? The offer isn't showing on my Nectar app?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Yes it is by invite Dom.

I have the invite and mulling over whether to go for it - probably will.

I use Santander 123 a lot, as you say fee goes up to 3 a month, next month. I usually get between 7 to 10 cashback a month as i spend a lot on petrol for my work, so on balance, still worth it for me. I used it in Thailand a lot recently as well, as they are not adding fees for foreign currency purchases till end 2016 ( i think thats when it ends )
    Away from the numbers

Are you still living in Sh***bury Dom? Local council take PayPal for council tax now, also water can be paid via co op with a card using amex hth

navara is offline Official Tesco Quarter End Don't Panic Guru

Well no more miles from the BMI Diomond card and to rub salt in the wound my replacement will have no rewards.
    Spend a Little ...Holiday alot.

Have applied for Amex Nectar, didnt get instant decision, have to wait few days, probably because i am self employed.
    Away from the numbers

What's the offer with NEctar people are talking about? I have one on my apps for Nectar for 5000 points, is that the one or is there something better?
    I love PTS but I want my garage back!

Its an invite only deal.

Amex Nectar card - apply by end October.

If accepted you have 3 months to put 2K of spend on the card, and should then get 40000 nectar points.
    Card fee is 25 per annum, this is waived in first year.
    Away from the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I always used to bash everything on the Tesco Finest card, 1 point per 2. That's now rubbish so used the MBNA Diamond Club Avios card the last few months but that's now rubbish.

Someone suggested an Amex Platinum one that gives cashback, but most of the time we only put 500 on it a month so I have doubts we'd do much more than cover the 25 yearly fee.

The Santander 123 card might be worthwhile but it's marginal when the fee is 3 a month.

Any ideas? I guess the end has come now for decent rewards unless you are a big spender.
    What did MBNA offer you as a new card, I heard some people got some decent deals?