Thread: Facebook Classified

Default Facebook Classified

I've seen on other posts people talking about selling items on facebook classified.

I've searched online and there seems to be loads of different classified pages on facebook.

Could someone send me the link and if they don't mind explain how it works.

Thanks

Basically it's local selling groups we usually use - Buy and sell Townsville, Buy sell swap Townsville, Free, buy sell Townsville etc (Townsville just a pseudonym for your local town)
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

On my phone if I go into "groups" in Facebook one of the categories is "Buy and sell".
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    On my phone if I go into "groups" in Facebook one of the categories is "Buy and sell".
    Have you ever sold anything on the FB groups? I have tried various things from printers to baby stuff. I had someone interested in a fisher price toy but they offered so low I gave it to the charity shop down the road in the end as we do well out of that charity shop. I looked at other items on the group and it seems the norm to put something on there for say 50 and have someone offer 25. If you put it on for 25 they'd offer 10! I advertised things for a very competitive price as I just want rid of things my daughter has grown out of.

Just listed a couple of things now that I'm having difficulty selling on ebay.

One item is hard to find as there are about 2000 fake chinese listings.

The other item I've been doing really well with until yesterday when ebay classified it as a hot item and put a 3 a week sales limit on it. Had been doing about 20 a day with 20 margin on each one.

trying to sell these on facebook classified now, and loads of interest but everyone wants to knock you down on price and are very critical that something is over RRP, even though a great discount on what they'd pay on ebay.

I'll see how it pans out and if it is no good by the end of the day I'll take them off as I'm continually wasting time answering messages.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post
    Have you ever sold anything on the FB groups? I have tried various things from printers to baby stuff. I had someone interested in a fisher price toy but they offered so low I gave it to the charity shop down the road in the end as we do well out of that charity shop. I looked at other items on the group and it seems the norm to put something on there for say 50 and have someone offer 25. If you put it on for 25 they'd offer 10! I advertised things for a very competitive price as I just want rid of things my daughter has grown out of.
    Variable TBH... Have sold some second hand kids things easily for a fair price but yes there are always those who offer insulting amounts on there. Definitely a large amount of time wasters on it but depends what you are selling and which way the wind is blowing. I wouldn't look at it as a shop window for new things, more as your equivalent to a charity shop price wise.

I have sold quite lot of clubcard point items on local FB groups, i take into account postage costs, paypal and ebay fees and reduce the price to usually what i bought for or slightly lower, i have had a few jokers with offers but a bit of haggling up the price most of the time has worked for me.