Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kodi box

Quote Originally Posted by CD627 View Post
    I followed the first link & installed Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV 4K box - that was all ok.

I haven't done link 2 (Modbro) as that appeared to be for watching stuff on your phone or something (not really bothered about that - as I don't have wi-fi I don't want to stream stuff on my phone too much).

I haven't done link 3 as that appeared to be for a Fire Stick which I don't have.

The last one with the beast is where it's going wrong. Yes when I try to add source I am entering the http://thebeast1.com/repro as it says but when I click on done it comes up with 'the beast couldn't retrieve directory information. this could be due to the network not being connected'. I've double checked the internet connection & all seems to be fine - I can access content via the Amazon home page all ok which must mean it's connected to the internet all ok. So it's a bit of a problem I'm struggling with. Any suggestions?
    You will need link 2 for the sports and link 3 for opening Kodi on power on or asigning keys.

Have you spelt it right as it's repo not repro?

I have just done one and it's all working fine.

Any update on this?
    I'm putting off getting mine until I hear what you went for & how it is.
    Oops Soz for the delay. Waiting to see if/what I get for my birthday next week from the kids 😉. Lad is into tech stuff x

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post
    You will need link 2 for the sports and link 3 for opening Kodi on power on or asigning keys.

I'm 'sure' I didn't - but I will attempt it again. Having watched on of those videos I think I need to restart the whole process as it has to be done within 24 hours of signing up/registering. Will give it another go & let you know the outcome tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post

...sort of... I double checked & I'd spelt it right & wrong (as I'd tried it a couple of times)! I triple checked it was spelt ok today & went through it all again - still had problems. A little bit of playing about (I can't recall exactly what it was I did/didn't do) and managed to get it to install. Then I had trouble opening it (despite following the instructions - which aren't 100% perfect - I noticed a couple of errors as I have no clue so was having to following them VERY carefully)! After a second attempt at starting the fire box up it managed to show it all ok!
    It's much easier than my uncle's box - easier to navigate but nowhere near as easy to use as the August DVB600 box I saw in a restaurant on holiday. I'll have a play about with it to see how it goes - I guess it one of those things you need to get used to so you can quickly navigate.

Thank you very much for the help/guides - much appreciated!

...sort of... I double checked & I'd spelt it right & wrong (as I'd tried it a couple of times)! I triple checked it was spelt ok today & went through it all again - still had problems. A little bit of playing about (I can't recall exactly what it was I did/didn't do) and managed to get it to install. Then I had trouble opening it (despite following the instructions - which aren't 100% perfect - I noticed a couple of errors as I have no clue so was having to following them VERY carefully)! After a second attempt at starting the fire box up it managed to show it all ok!
    It's much easier than my uncle's box - easier to navigate but nowhere near as easy to use as the August DVB600 box I saw in a restaurant on holiday. I'll have a play about with it to see how it goes - I guess it one of those things you need to get used to so you can quickly navigate.

Thank you very much for the help/guides - much appreciated!
    Glad you got it working in the end. You need to play around with it and learn from it for sure. You should install Mobdro for the sports and use the old version of fire starter v3 I think as v4 doesn't work as well.