Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you deal with feedback as a seller?

Above answer right about Mr Muscle. I bought lots at a pound plus 51 points and sold them in threes. It was possible to make a "real" profit of 44 pence when selling and posting in threes. Sadly, when the first person ordered six I packaged them all together and this made the postage jump from second class to parcel so for subsequent orders for six I posted as two threes.

Two points.

Remember postage! I had weighed the sprays as threes and thought I knew the cost but never realised what happened when the pack was six until I did it. I even thought I would do better posting six rather than three, until I got to the post office. I could not be bothered to carry them home to repackage so this was an expensive lesson.

Secondly, why on Earth do people buy Mr Muscle spray on eBay from an anonymous individual charging way more than shops? Spray cleaners are not rare and were readily available from shops of all sizes for less money. Beats me, but it worked and I acquired Avios at 0.05p each (p not ).

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpen View Post
    Above answer right about Mr Muscle. I bought lots at a pound plus 51 points and sold them in threes. It was possible to make a "real" profit of 44 pence when selling and posting in threes. Sadly, when the first person ordered six I packaged them all together and this made the postage jump from second class to parcel so for subsequent orders for six I posted as two threes.

Two points.

Remember postage! I had weighed the sprays as threes and thought I knew the cost but never realised what happened when the pack was six until I did it. I even thought I would do better posting six rather than three, until I got to the post office. I could not be bothered to carry them home to repackage so this was an expensive lesson.

Secondly, why on Earth do people buy Mr Muscle spray on eBay from an anonymous individual charging way more than shops? Spray cleaners are not rare and were readily available from shops of all sizes for less money. Beats me, but it worked and I acquired Avios at 0.05p each (p not ).
    Did you consider sending them out via myhermes?

You did will, not many ways of earning Avios cheaply left! I kept all mine, they will get used up, it was a big outlay of cash and they aren't in the way.

If you can get into the mindset of an eBay buyer...

Many factors going on with ebay buyers, one is paypal funds are sourced let's say not in a conventional way so people will overpay for items!
    I had never tried Mr Muscle cleaner sprays until the promo and was pleasantly surprised to find its a really good product, lots of whole boxes of the stuff still for sale on eBay and our inside of cupboards turned orange.
    If you sold in three's, how much was the postage as they are largish bottles and put three together must of been quite a Bit, how much did you sell for to make it work?
    Last edited by whisky; 4th January 2017 at 09:48.

Three 500 ml sprays nicely packed came to just under 2kg so posted second class was 2.85. I sold three for 7.50. EBay cost was 0.75 and PayPal 0.46. I did not pay for any of the packaging, except the parcel tape. When selling six the PayPal change was proportionally slightly less at 0.71 ( no idea why).

So, 0.44 profit per sale. Okay, I do realise that I have not factored in the parcel tape or of course my time.

Low risk as if few had sold I would have used them anyway.

Wow, someone paid 7.50 for three bottles of Mr.Muscle spray, it's only 1.50 at normal price instore??
    Good on you though for giving it a go and it paying off!

Quote Originally Posted by sr123 View Post
    Buy any Mr Muscle product from a particular range and you got a bonus 50 Tesco points (voucher required from magazine). They had a load of sprays on offer at a 1 at the time, so it was easy points and a lifetime supply of bathroom cleaner.
    Ah I see, I must have missed that one. Luckily really as I wouldn't know where to store it. I still have some Johnson stuff from the H and B days (ah memories...)

HMRC already have all your history from ebay, amazon, paypal, gumtree etc.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tax/retur...ion-does-have/

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post
    As a seller I've left a buyer good feedback only for them to issue a chargeback which I won so I agree it's pointless and I now don't bother. As a buyer I see it as important and I leave the seller appropriate feedback. I don't think you're feedback score will impact chances of HMRC investigating you but sales figures from eBay or PayPal. Selling lots of the same thing makes you a trader rather than selling the odd new thing/unwanted present.

How was your sales over Xmas?

Might as well ask this here.

I sell an item, the buyer pays immediately by Paypal and all it well.
    Should I give them positive feedback once I know they're happy with the item or is feedback just for the seller?

Feedback is supposed to be left by both buyer and seller. However where items you sell are BIN with immediate payment required then it seems a bit pointless as they don't have any choice but to pay up front or the transaction won't go through.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Feedback is supposed to be left by both buyer and seller. However where items you sell are BIN with immediate payment required then it seems a bit pointless as they don't have any choice but to pay up front or the transaction won't go through.
    You can't leave a neg either if they do a chargeback...