Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short date groceries, any tips?

I asked my friend who runs a newsagents and he gets stock from Costco and Hancocks but I think you're doing better as you are. What impovements have you got planned to the facilities?

Thanks for the enquiry Steve. The problem with Poundstretcher is they often advertise mega bargains but actually have no stock. I've seen many on HUKD where people slate them for advertising bargains that nobody can find in the stores. I was in there yesterday and no sign of 10p Pepsi!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

The Asda 2 for 1.50 offer has created a massive forward buying opportunity on chocolate for us and allows us to buy Yorkies for equivalent 25p each as well as reduce our cost on many others from 25p to below 20p each. Brilliant:

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-150/ls88224
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Thanks for the replies on this. Thanks to the fact we are on a junction of many lines we have a lot of staff visitors and by listening to feedback (basically trying to supply what people want) we are growing the business. For a small 4ft x 2ft tabletop staff snack "shop" with everything 50p we are more than happy with 15-20 a day, circa 6k a year turnover and profit of over 3k for something that takes an average of half hour a day to run.