Thread: Your Top Cashback Account Has Not been Authenticated

Default Your Top Cashback Account Has Not been Authenticated

Anyone had this?

Been using TCB for years, had payouts and tracked amounts yet for the last couple of weeks, when I try to look at payout options, I get told my account hasn't been verified. It then says to click a box to send a verification email to my email address and I've done this a few times yet nothing has arrived (or gone into spam).
    Contact TCB and this morning, I get "Your Top Cashback Account Has Not been Authenticated" when trying to look at my earnings (after having to log in again).
    I then get the "send verification email" page again that does nothing.
    Clicked on the FAQ bit and it says to send a blank email with "authenticate" as the subject and I've done that but no difference. Ok, might have to wait a bit, but not even sure if I'm even getting through to anyone (normally get an email saying that they're dealing with my enquiry and they'll get back to me but nothing).

Just checked my account for you and mine seems fine.
    Hope they get back to you and resolve this.

According to something that had partially updated, my email address that I've had for around 15 years, and used for TCB the last few years without issue and appears in my account details, has suddenly become invalid. Can't change it unless I validate it but can't validate it as it's invalid.

I had this happen on a TCB account in USA - what I did was open a new account, in same name. Once that account was active, sent TCB an email letting them know that I had to open a new account due to email no longer working. They requested some form of ID - and once they were satisified it was me, they transferred the cashback from the old account into the new account. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by xenole View Post
    Anyone had this?

Been using TCB for years, had payouts and tracked amounts yet for the last couple of weeks, when I try to look at payout options, I get told my account hasn't been verified. It then says to click a box to send a verification email to my email address and I've done this a few times yet nothing has arrived (or gone into spam).
    Contact TCB and this morning, I get "Your Top Cashback Account Has Not been Authenticated" when trying to look at my earnings (after having to log in again).
    I then get the "send verification email" page again that does nothing.
    Clicked on the FAQ bit and it says to send a blank email with "authenticate" as the subject and I've done that but no difference. Ok, might have to wait a bit, but not even sure if I'm even getting through to anyone (normally get an email saying that they're dealing with my enquiry and they'll get back to me but nothing).
    I had it the week before last and a couple of times before. The verification email did come through eventually. The ones from the clicking on the site didn't but the one from the authenticate email did about 30 hours later.

I have a feeling it may be a response to a hack attempt on a particular account but that's just a theory.

Leave it a day or so and if the email does come by then try again. You'll get nothing from support. If you google it this has been going on for years.

Couldn't get the verification emails, but the blank email with "authenticate" did work, although my OH's account took 2 attempts

Still having no luck with this. TCB have done a few things but still can't access the payout section or do anything that is connected with an email address.

At least British Airways gave me 20 cashback. Normally get rejected by them.

Not sure if anything will track so have avoided using TCB for any new purchases.

I put in a support ticket to complain after it happened for the 4th time in 3 months the other day. Got fobbed off with a 'we're working on the issue' but if you google it people have been having the same issue since 2009/

But I've always managed to get back in myself via the blank email route within a day.