Thread: BA Amex Premium Plus cashback...

Default BA Amex Premium Plus cashback...

Got an email from BA with "exclusive" offer to get 30k Avios sign-up bonus if I get their Amex Premium Plus card (on a £3k spend in 3 months), this is more than the standard sign-up bonus of 25k, am I right in thinking I can't earn cashback via a link like this though?

TCB offering £45.45 for a sign-up for this card.

No you can't, you have to use the link. I got the same one, card arrived, just need to hit the target

Quote Originally Posted by widget100 View Post
    No you can't, you have to use the link. I got the same one, card arrived, just need to hit the target
    Just out of interest, are you planning to cancel after the £3k and 30k Avios? ...or keep going to earn the 241 voucher?

I'll keep it for the year and cancel next June as there's no pro-rata refund on the fee but 241 isn't any use to me as I do virtually all my travelling solo.

There's no point cancelling after the 3k in the hope of churning that card as they've now been pulled following the latest Government ruling.

Quote Originally Posted by widget100 View Post
    I'll keep it for the year and cancel next June as there's no pro-rata refund on the fee but 241 isn't any use to me as I do virtually all my travelling solo.

There's no point cancelling after the 3k in the hope of churning that card as they've now been pulled following the latest Government ruling.
    Depends where you go on your solo trips but I'm sure you could find someone to use a 241 and hopefully sell the business class seat for £700 say so just shy of £200 to cover your card fee after you've paid the taxes/fees.

When did the pro rata refunds end? I got one only 2-3 months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by bigstevex View Post
    When did the pro rata refunds end? I got one only 2-3 months ago?
    Apologies, you're correct. Pro-rata refund is available on the PP, I was thinking of another card.

So now I have this card ... when I log into the card management page at amex.co.uk I don't see the 30k Avios mentioned as an offer, is this normal?

Usually a sign-up bonus show there ("Spend £XXXX by yy/yy/yyyy get Z points") when you get a new Amex card, doesn't it?

This is normal. I had the same on the Amex Gold Chargecard. It would occasionally display the "Spend £XXXX by yy/yy/yyyy get Z points" offer but mostly not. Even on the few occasions it did it showed an normal bonus rather than the enhanced referral bonus I was expecting. The higher points posted just fine.