Thread: Multiple item discount?

Default Multiple item discount?

Is there a way of setting up a multiple item discount?

i.e.

I sell say a British Airways first class male amenity kit for 10 and I'm also selling a separate female one for 10.

As p&p would be less for two together, could I set up something that would let the buyer buy both for say 18?

Quote Originally Posted by xenole View Post
    Is there a way of setting up a multiple item discount?

i.e.

I sell say a British Airways first class male amenity kit for 10 and I'm also selling a separate female one for 10.

As p&p would be less for two together, could I set up something that would let the buyer buy both for say 18?
    You used to be able to set up postage discounts when they bought another item, this is one way if they still do it. However you have to charge postage and buyers have a habit of complaining about the costs, so it it is free postage they can never complain.

Another option that I've done previously is list them as a pair. About 3 years ago my ebay account was restricted to selling 100 items a month, I had a hot xmas product in different varieties and was selling in sets of 4 to avoid the volume limits. It did seem to work but took longer to sell than individually.

I've seen others say buy 3 or more items and receive a 5% discount at checkout. It must be able to be done, however I think you need to use this on everything you sell. I've never looked at it because I think it would end up being costly. If you were selling high value items then 5% discount would be say 10 on a 200 spend, so if some one bought say 3 lego sets this would provide a 30 discount. My postage costs would increase due to both the weight and insurance requirements so would not work for me.

Personally I'd go down the bundling route.