Thread: Can no longer buy cheap Parcelforce labels from Ebay

Angry Can no longer buy cheap Parcelforce labels from Ebay

Very frustrated, DH and I both have eBay businesses and use 2nd signed for (following advise once given by Dom) and Parcelforce48 as our default free postage options. We buy the Royal Mail postage at the One Stop at the end of our road (supporting local business) but print parcel force labels from Ebay as the cost difference is massive. Back from holiday this week, DH sells an item for 25 (free parcelforce48) that would usually cost 7.57 but eBay have stopped dealing with parcel force and none of the shutl options allow for an item 1.3m long. Spent most of the morning looking for alternatives and ringing eBay, did eventually speak to someone in Ireland (where they will go off script) got a credit for the extra post cost as she agreed eBay had handled the change so badly.
    If you use parcel force and have tight margins start looking elsewhere ....

Quote Originally Posted by zoebusher View Post
    Very frustrated, DH and I both have eBay businesses and use 2nd signed for (following advise once given by Dom) and Parcelforce48 as our default free postage options. We buy the Royal Mail postage at the One Stop at the end of our road (supporting local business) but print parcel force labels from Ebay as the cost difference is massive. Back from holiday this week, DH sells an item for 25 (free parcelforce48) that would usually cost 7.57 but eBay have stopped dealing with parcel force and none of the shutl options allow for an item 1.3m long. Spent most of the morning looking for alternatives and ringing eBay, did eventually speak to someone in Ireland (where they will go off script) got a credit for the extra post cost as she agreed eBay had handled the change so badly.
    If you use parcel force and have tight margins start looking elsewhere ....
    Generally you would get it cheaper from an alternative to parcelforce, it is just those few instances where your parcel is too big or going to somewhere someone like hermes does not deliver to that I'd use parcel force.

However one thing I have noticed with Hermes when you start insuring 300 items they charge something like 12.00 for the insurance. Which I think would probably be cheaper elsewhere.

I got an email from Parcelforce today saying that you can still buy their postage cheaply via PayPal if you sell it on eBay

Thanks I'll have another look, when this happened it was over 10 on PayPal and about 13 at the Post Office vs. 7.57 via eBay