Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime - next day delivery?

Default Amazon Prime - next day delivery?

Signed up for a trial of Amazon Prime as it mentioned next day delivery etc.

Ordered a few items that were being sold by Amazon (and not third parties) and delivery dates are 5 days after making the order.
    First one is due to arrive Friday with tracking saying it is with the courier. Second one now Saturday.
    One of their depots is under an hour from my house.

So where's the next day delivery?
    When using Amazon before, even paying for the slowest shipping method or going for free delivery, 2 days max.

Sometimes daily deals are not on next day delivery when you see an item that is prime next day it will say "Want it delivered by tomorrow, 5 Oct.? Order within 7 hrs 12 mins and choose Express Delivery at checkout. Details "

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post
    Sometimes daily deals are not on next day delivery when you see an item that is prime next day it will say "Want it delivered by tomorrow, 5 Oct.? Order within 7 hrs 12 mins and choose Express Delivery at checkout. Details "
    I've bought one daily deal plus some other general items that said something along those lines or "Want it delivered by tomorrow, 5 Oct.? Order within 10 hrs 43 mins and choose One-Day Delivery at checkout. Details"
    One item was a present for someone's birthday so have had to buy another one in town at extra expense.

First time I've used Amazon in a year, and the last.
    Already cancelled my Prime membership as I can get things elsewhere for not a lot more.
    Last edited by xenole; 4th October 2017 at 13:33.

It should look like this

Many things I order which aren't needed urgently I choose the 1 digital reward. Order the things separately & get 1 for each delivery.

I just wonder if you've selected the right delivery method? Even if you have Prime, if you select standard delivery (presumably you can?) it isn't so quick.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Tried cancelling an item that hasn't yet dispatched but apparently I can't.
    I've got to wait for them to despatch it and then up to a week to get it delivered and then I can either refuse it to accept it or send it back.

Seriously hate this company with a vengeance at present.

My father ordered the same original item, and with p&p paid the same as my Prime price and got his package the following day.

Sounds like you have ordered from a seller not Amazon.

What item was it so we can help as to where you have gone wrong?

Definitely Amazon.

The first item was supposed to arrive today and someone waited in all day for it. A few minutes ago, the tracking updated from "it's just about with you" to "another 4-5 days". Apparently it took 4 days for it to reach a depot near Leicester, and now will take another 4-5 days to cover the 1hr30 to me.

Toys.

Added: Cancelled all orders with them now and apparently getting a refund in the next few days. Will probably turn out that the courier or whoever they used couldn't be bothered. Had times before when it wasn't worth their while to drive an hour or so each way for 1 or 2 parcels.
    Last edited by xenole; 6th October 2017 at 21:49.

Quote Originally Posted by xenole View Post
    Definitely Amazon.

The first item was supposed to arrive today and someone waited in all day for it. A few minutes ago, the tracking updated from "it's just about with you" to "another 4-5 days". Apparently it took 4 days for it to reach a depot near Leicester, and now will take another 4-5 days to cover the 1hr30 to me.

Toys.
    Have an online chat with them and they always give a months free prime. No need to wait in though as you can leave instructions to leave in porch etc in your shipping address.