Thread: 10% Discount Card to Use at Waitrose for 1 month @ British Gas Rewards

Default 10% Discount Card to Use at Waitrose for 1 month @ British Gas Rewards

All credit to etta191 on HUKD.

It seems this combines with the My Waitrose 20% off on My Picks and this results in some really good deals, in particular on multibuy offers.

Example given by etta191:

Seriously Strong Extra Mature Cheddar 350g 3.70 each & 2 for 5.00.
    Discount of 30% x 7.40 = 2.22.
    5.00 - 2.22 = 2.78 for 700g or 3.97 per kg!

I just logged in and joined Rewards and the deal was there for me.

I take on board that nobody has shown any interest in this deal, but I thought I'd highlight the fact there is an added bonus if you opt to get a free coffee and/or newspaper.

Basically you get 10% of the cost of the coffee and newspaper as an extra discount off your bill and this can work very well if you have a local store that you can pop into daily and do small shops.

For example, if you just bought 2 x Flash Sprays on PYO and got a free coffee (that would otherwise cost 2.25), the till would see a headline price of 5.25 even though there is only 2.00 to pay. You would then get 60p PYO discount and 53p British Gas card discount. So 87p for 2 Flash Sprays as well as a free coffee.

Or 500g of Country Life Spreadable for 1.30 with a free coffee.

Or 260g of fresh spinach for 47p with a free coffee.

Etc.
    Last edited by Edindevon; 23rd October 2017 at 00:18.

Some great ideas there; thank you.

It's also worth noting that they are giving out good till spits at the moment. On Sunday I did a 3 shop and got a spit for 6 off a 30 spend. I used this on a 30 spend in different store on the same day and got another spit for 6 off a 30 spend.

etta191 on HUKD has suggested that contrary to the terms and conditions you can use the 10% off voucher when you use a till spit. If this is right, with the way Waitrose discounts are calculated, it seems you could use a 6 off a 30 till spit and the 10% off card together to get 16 bottles of Flash Spray, an aubergine, a copy of The Observer, and a coffee for a total outlay of 2.82.

Here's the maths:
    The till sees:
    Observer - 3.00
    Coffee - 2.25
    Essential Waitrose Aubergine 78p
    16 x Flash Spray @ 1.50 = 24.00
    Total = 30.03
    So it lets you use the 6 off till spit = -6.00
    And the 10% off code = -3.00
    Minus the cost of the Observer = -3.00
    Minus the cost of the Coffee = -2.25
    The multibuy discount on the Flash Sprays = -8.00
    The PYO discount on the Flash Spays = -4.80
    The PYO discount on the Aubergine = -0.16
    Leaving 2.82 to pay
    Last edited by Edindevon; 23rd October 2017 at 20:38. Reason: Mistake in calculation

I'm intrigued as to how many Observer reading, Aubergine cleaning people there are out there?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I'm intrigued as to how many Observer reading, Aubergine cleaning people there are out there?
    Haha, and ones with OCD cleaning tendencies!!

The aubergine just seems completely random! Wouldn't you just buy something for around a quid that you actually use? I'm sure some people regularly buy them but it seems a very odd thing to put in such a shop.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

These are Waitrose customers and they all buy aubergines! But not oven chips.

New offers started today, so most of the information posted above is out of date.

One decent deal I picked up today was 150g refill pack of Nescafe Gold Blend with a free takeaway coffee for 2.12.

As I understand it I could have saved another 20p if I had picked up the Waitrose Magazine which has a cover price of 2.00, but is free with My Waitrose.