Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any ideas how to get this site busy again?

I would imagine that collectively, this will probably be the worst quarter for clubcard card points earned.

Quote Originally Posted by sr123 View Post
    I would imagine that collectively, this will probably be the worst quarter for clubcard card points earned.
    Probably my worst ever and usually with only a few weeks left of the Q we've had one big promo, not looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by sr123 View Post
    We have been spoilt the last few quarters!

navara is offline Official Tesco Quarter End Don't Panic Guru

First online shop at Sainsbury spend 60 Get 12 off until 03/05/2018 AFFPHAPR
    Spend a Little ...Holiday alot.

This site is, and always has been, a Tesco points site. I know there were many posts about other things and the site attempted to diversify some time ago but it's Tesco that has always been the principal focus.

Two things have happen with Tesco. They no longer see ClubCard points as a driver for extra sales and they have also become better at preventing glitches! I think they still value ClubCard as a source of information about their customers and their shopping habits but using them as an inducement to buy is no longer on their agenda. I am surprised they have not made a clean break and ditched points and I expect the reason is that the basic scheme still provides valuable information about shoppers. The leading management people involved in the early stages of ClubCard and its huge boost to Tesco have left the company so there will not be strong vested interest continuing the scheme as there was when Green Shield stamps got the chop!

No routine in shop or on-line deals, fewer partners, less publicity etc have all been the result. The only way I have maintained a decent points income is through buying and selling on eBay. Alas, this requires work and I expect those who do it on a large scale are reluctant to share their findings. So the site has become a bit of a back-water.

I have no answers. I have used this site for a long time and also its predecessor Loyalty Points, and even the points bit of the Sainsbury site way back in the old days (Aussie hair conditioner sachets anyone?).

I am particularly interested in points for air miles. Trading and money does not interest me but I have to do it now to get some health points balances.

A slight glimmer of light for the future. I completed a survey yesterday on Tesco and they were asking for opinions on a promo where you would earn double points on certain grocery items every week.

Historically I believe the first Q of the year has been not so good for promos, we havnt had a generic Lego deal for a while so bound to be one along soon.

I also believe that the avios hunters over on HFP/SP have almost given up on clubcard. If you look back on recent clubcard articles over there you will see little or no feedback on these topics. Previously, Lego articles used to get massive feedback, now hardly any so I'm assuming that most got their fingers burnt and now are not interested.

Thanks for that whisky; interesting survey topic.

Quote Originally Posted by whisky View Post
    A slight glimmer of light for the future. I completed a survey yesterday on Tesco and they were asking for opinions on a promo where you would earn double points on certain grocery items every week.

Historically I believe the first Q of the year has been not so good for promos, we havnt had a generic Lego deal for a while so bound to be one along soon.

I also believe that the avios hunters over on HFP/SP have almost given up on clubcard. If you look back on recent clubcard articles over there you will see little or no feedback on these topics. Previously, Lego articles used to get massive feedback, now hardly any so I'm assuming that most got their fingers burnt and now are not interested.
    The avios collectors may have given up on clubcard but that will be due to the lack of content being posted on HFP/SP. No surprise the lack of content on this site has a direct coloration with the lack of content on other sites

I still see those sites post clubcard promos when they come up still but I see little or no comments these days being left. This gives me the impression most can't be bothered any more as its easier to churn credit cards for points these days.

Quote Originally Posted by whisky View Post
    I still see those sites post clubcard promos when they come up still but I see little or no comments these days being left. This gives me the impression most can't be bothered any more as its easier to churn credit cards for points these days.
    But the quality of posting are not decent as because the deals are not being posted on here. If they had decent quality deals then the comments would be left to reflect.