Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas how to get this site busy again?

Pretty much the only points i get now are from ink cartridge recycling.
    Away from the numbers

For me my love of PTS was initially about Tesco points but then it grew into the community that was such fun. I was SO supported when my Dad was dying of Cancer and gosh that was 8 years ago now. I remember weddings and births and all the fun of Dom and Polo getting together and their subsequent life together. Markat, I remember when we shared all your flat share woes and how many of us ladies loved your gorgeous shirtless avatar and you took the attention with great grace.

Then many mods resigned and there never seemed to be an explanation of what was going on. To me that is when PTS started to implode and many long time solid members left. Both Numpty and Freebird were major posters and they stopped posting in 2011 -2012.

I still love PTS, it was 'my first love' when it came to joining an online community but without the 'soul' of a community we are never going to thrive. Yes we were mainly Tesco but let's face it Tesco is pants for points now. However there is SO much more out there to share, if there wasn't MSE wouldn't be so crammed full of posts.

Get the heart back into PTS and the rest will follow.

This is my honest opinion and one I hope that admin will respect . I will always hold Gizmo in the highest regard for the opportunities that her site has given us but constructive opinions are really important for our survival.

With you Mark as the kind, caring moderator that I know you are, then this is possible.

What do other community members think?
    Last edited by uklego; 7th May 2018 at 13:41.
    Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using a GPS

Agree, think inc myself more of us just need to post anything of interest here more often.

I also agree Lego. There must be more to post about than Tesco points. I do well with Nectar these days. Maybe I should post about it more often.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ashtonsgran View Post
    I also agree Lego. There must be more to post about than Tesco points. I do well with Nectar these days. Maybe I should post about it more often.
    I would be really interested if you did Astonsgran as I receive FAR more Nectar points nowadays than I do Tescos points x
    Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using a GPS

navara is offline Official Tesco Quarter End Don't Panic Guru

Quote Originally Posted by uklego View Post
    For me my love of PTS was initially about Tesco points but then it grew into the community that was such fun. I was SO supported when my Dad was dying of Cancer and gosh that was 8 years ago now. I remember weddings and births and all the fun of Dom and Polo getting together and their subsequent life together. Markat, I remember when we shared all your flat share woes and how many of us ladies loved your gorgeous shirtless avatar and you took the attention with great grace.

Then many mods resigned and there never seemed to be an explanation of what was going on. To me that is when PTS started to implode and many long time solid members left. Both Numpty and Freebird were major posters and they stopped posting in 2011 -2012.

I still love PTS, it was 'my first love' when it came to joining an online community but without the 'soul' of a community we are never going to thrive. Yes we were mainly Tesco but let's face it Tesco is pants for points now. However there is SO much more out there to share, if there wasn't MSE wouldn't be so crammed full of posts.

Get the heart back into PTS and the rest will follow.

This is my honest opinion and one I hope that admin will respect . I will always hold Gizmo in the highest regard for the opportunities that her site has given us but constructive opinions are really important for our survival.

With you Mark as the kind, caring moderator that I know you are, then this is possible.

What do other community members think?
    Good times
    Spend a Little ...Holiday alot.

Quote Originally Posted by uklego View Post
    I would be really interested if you did Astonsgran as I receive FAR more Nectar points nowadays than I do Tescos points x
    I collect nectar points but don't really know what to use them for apart from occasional ebay offers, and the pizza express offers in the summer.

I hardly get any Tesco points these days. Have half a cruise coming up in the autumn which I booked as quite a lot of points were going to expire.
    Since then, have used hotels.com twice and would use them more if I could easily get points, but the only thing seems to be buying and selling lego and that seems too complicated.

Our only reason for shopping at Tesco is when we have multiple spend and saves to use together, when buying groceries and adding John Lewis cards to get to the required total.

I miss all the glitch excitement from the old days and rarely come on here anymore.

I am not a fan of costa coffees but just wondering is any body on here have a loyalty card for them? Is it worth it ??

baconbap in regards Nectar as well as Summer Rewards that you mention (Pizza Express and Vue - Vue is incredible value in this offer compared to their usual price) it is worth saving the points for double-up events. They used to be twice a year but now it seems increasingly like this is now autumn only. We usually get lots of bedding, clothing and kitchenware. Occasionally you can get some very good Nectar offers posted on the app, we got a Tefal pots and pans set in exchange for points which was cheaper than anywhere else, even Amazon. So worth getting the app installed if you don't have it already and check it every Thursday/Friday.

Swipe and Win is by far the biggest points earner for us.

A little tip re the nectar double up, if you return something purchased with double up you get a sainsbury's gift card with the full double up value of the item you returned. So I returned a 40 iron purchased with 20 of nectar points and got a 40 gift card. A good deal for me anyway as effectively means you're getting double up on everything in the store.